Friday, April 27, 2007

New York

Oh yeah... as I was reading Donna's blog, I was reminded I was supposed to post my recollections of the trip and see how they compared. New York is an ant hill!!!!!!!!!!! Only Shanghai has been worse in my book.

When I finally got her to stop following the "natives" and stepping out in front of traffic the trip went much better. We did have a great time. I hadn't been there since 1966 and she had never been. We stayed in the old Pennsylvania Hotel right across from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. Lots of activity to watch and become a part of.

We had dinner with one of my business associates, Michael Pasenchuk, and his wife Joannie. We got to see Mike Jr, who we had only seen emailed pictures of right after he was born just over a year ago. The sightseeing was great and I have to agree the Mesa Grill experience was the tops. The food was great (as you would expect from a Food Network chef) and the staff was too... very friendly and accomodating. We'll be going back.

We did learn something the hard way... If you are going to go to the Statue of Liberty and want to go inside, you have to register online for a timeslot at least 48 hours in advance. Otherwise you do like us and walk around the outside and hit the gift shop. Next trip will be the Ellis Island part of it. We were too tired to get off the Ferry at that stop.

4 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

You didn't mention that going onto the ferry for Ellis Island you have to go through security like an airport. Sadly, famly should know that a few years ago he had to relinquish the pocket knife Mitch gave him--and last week he had to relinquish the one given to him by Gregory Lumber. Sad losing a pocket knife for us old folks who remember when every boy carried a pocket knife in his pocket to school and no one cared.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I don't even know if my husband owns a pocket knife. If he does, he doesn't ever carry it.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It was great to see you and Donna for a little bit last weekend. Thanks again for lunch last Sunday. I'll be keeping all your New York tourist tips handy for our trips there.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Next time send me with Mom...we both like the ant hill.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home